I am way behind on blog posts, but I don't want to miss these memories for us. We had a wonderful Fourth of July (though different than past years) and Pioneer Day.
We started off the day with a Red, White, and Blue breakfast of pancakes with whipped cream and berries. The kids love when we do berries and whipped cream with our pancakes and they had a lot of fun making their pancakes festive.
I forgot to take pictures the rest of the day. I was feeling extra tired and going through morning sickness as well as starting to get a cold, but we still had a fun day. After our breakfast, I took the kids over to Grandma Lindi's house for a water party while Ben stayed home during Leah's nap. The kids got in Lindi's pool and had a blast with cousins. We had licorice, Hi-chews, juices, and watermelon as well some chips. After Leah woke up, I grabbed Ben and Leah from the house and we spent the evening at Lindi's doing a hot dog roast. The kids got ice cream treats afterward. I took Leah home early to put her to bed while everyone else stayed for a night swimming party (Lindi had bought special pool lights for it) and fireworks. The kids came home late, tired and happy.
Pioneer Day was a relaxed morning for us. In the afternoon, Ben took the older kids down to the park for a pickleball event they had going on there. The kids had a lot of fun there with him, so much fun that they were late getting home. I stayed home with Leah for her nap.
After Leah's nap and after the kids finally got back with Ben, we went over to Lindi's house and the kids swam with cousins. Leah loved getting in the kiddie pool, especially with Grandpa Danny.
Parker and Thomas swam some, but mostly they played in the lawn.
The kids had so much fun getting in the pool and always love when any of the adults get in.
We did another hot dog roast for dinner and cleaned up to come back to our house in time to put Leah down. While we waited for fireworks, the other kids watched some Bluey.
When it started getting dark, cousins came over and we sat on our lawn to watch the fireworks at the park down the street. We also did some of our own fireworks in the driveway and Lindi brought leftover ice cream treats from the Fourth. It was a late night, but everyone had fun.
While we missed going out to West Jordan for my grandma's party this year, it was fun (and a little easier) to stay in town and do some fun things here. We love all these holiday summer memories we get to make with our family.










No comments:
Post a Comment