Saturday, May 11, 2024

Our FEBRUARY Family Memories!

I'm writing this blog post very late, but I wanted to record this month and not miss it, so here we are! We made it through February and the beginning of the year and had a lot of fun together doing so!

Ashtyn's fort!


Groundhog's Day! I love doing little activities for fun holidays as part of our homeschool.



Parker has been progressing really well with reading and I had the thought to get the graphic novels of Magic Treehouse for her to try. Within a few hours of them coming in the mail, Rylee had sat with them for a long time looking at the pictures, Ashtyn had read the first two, Oliver was attached to one and carrying it around while pointing to the dinosaurs on the cover, and Parker had sat and sounded out a lot of the words on her own. 




Oliver has recently really loved being read to and I love it!

Oliver loves asking Ben to draw a "Jaguaro" (a bad guy from Scooby Doo). 
Ben wasn't available to draw one for him, so Ashtyn did this one 💗










Ashtyn spent hours making these cute photo booths from cardboard.



The kids found a tiny caterpillar!

Parker's story 💗


Ashtyn wanted to teach me to crochet, so we had a little "class" together.

Parker drew this and I was impressed!

The kids made a little scavenger hunt with books throughout the house, this sign cracked me up.











Snow! We were grateful for all the moisture we could get!
Ashtyn made the nativity out of snow and then took the pictures of them herself 💗


Every year, leading up to Valentine's Day, I "heart attack" the kids' room, with one heart a day until Valentine's Day. They returned the favor for Ben and I 😂



The kids' heart attacks:


The ones the kids did for us:

We did the treat for Valentine's Day and Ashtyn made brownies and then made the cute decorations on top.

And Parker bit her cracker into the shape of a heart 😂


Valentine's Day dinner!
I forgot to shape the dough into hearts like I usually do, so I did pepperonis instead (but tried to keep them small because the kids don't love pepperoni).


And our Valentine's Day treat!



They were "milking" their babies 😂

Fun play date with Rylee and Grace! 
We played a board game I remembered from my own childhood, with Jasmine getting married. The girls loved it!

Parker loves beans and rice!



Oliver has a fan and I wanted to have a spare. I bought another one. Oliver was so excited about having two fans, he immediately went to his room and got his fan. It then fell down the stairs and broke. So now we have one fan still 😭😂






Ashtyn and I started doing walks together about once a week and it's my favorite thing!







Ashtyn learned a guitar song following a tutorial online and wanted to record it!



Grandma Lindi did a tea party with my girls and Melissa's girls. 
It was super cute and they had a ton of fun!

We bought fruit from a door to door salesman. 
The kids kept calling it the "fruit all the way from California" 😂




Dinner date!



And a painting class date!

Last year, my sister-in-law gifted me this darling Anne doll and in February, I bought this Anne set of books. I love how they look together!

Ben is really into pickleball paddles and got a new grip for his!










Lots and lots of painting!

And while I was painting the upstairs bathroom ... Rylee was busy with my wheat and flour 😭😂

Rock art!






































Grandpa Danny did a day teaching the kids how to build fires. They had a blast and then had a lot of fun playing together outside afterwards!

It was a great month spent together!








































 

No comments:

Post a Comment