Tuesday, January 2, 2018

My 2018 Goals

I don't have a lot of goals for this year, because I know it's going to be a crazy year and I have quite a few small goals I want to slowly add to my life as I see that I'm ready. I do want to set some goals, though.

First, have a baby. That's huge. I know that while I'm pregnant, it's going to be a big job to stay on top of my diet and supplements and exercise and everything to stay healthy. I know this because, been there done that. I have other goals I want to work on as well while I'm pregnant, but my number one goal is to have a healthy pregnancy ending with a healthy baby. And when the baby comes, I'm ready (because, remember, been there done that) to let everything else go and just enjoy my baby and survive the first few months.

On top of that, I do have a few goals. I want to write a novel this year. I already have my idea, so I am going to spend a few months outlining it and then aim for 500 words a day. I'm thinking it will be about 40,000 words, so it will take about three months to actually write it.

I also want to continue with BookTube, doing two videos a week. I don't have two videos for this week, due to moving (I might have one), and I don't know how long it will take me to get back into videos after the baby comes, but my goal as of right now is 50 videos. That gives me a little leeway, but will push me to get content out.

Those are my business goals. I do have some personal goals. Right now, I weigh about 130 and have some extra fat on my stomach. I want to spend my pregnancy only gaining healthy weight and then by the end of the year, I want to lose a couple inches off my stomach (as it is now) and weigh 125. I have a diet and exercise plan for this and am confident that I will be able to reach this goal.

I also have some smaller goals. I want to make reading scriptures a more consistent part of my day. I want to do more with homeschooling (activities and reading with the kids and working on specific things like teaching Parker her letters or helping Ashtyn learn how to write the rest of the alphabet). I want to get back to exercising as soon as my morning sickness passes and make it a part of my lifestyle again. But these are smaller goals that I want to take on slowly so that I don't burn out and that they become a real part of my life.

So there are my goals. What are your goals for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment