Sunday, April 5, 2020

Faith over Fear: A Lesson from Joseph Smith

To prepare for General Conference this spring, President Nelson had asked us to study the restoration of the gospel. To help our kids do that, we have been learning the song Joseph Smith's First Prayer with them and it's been wonderful.

As I've sung this song over and over (and over and over) again with Ashtyn (she requests it every night I put her to bed), I was filled with the Spirit. My testimony of Joseph Smith was strengthened.

During this time of hardship worldwide, one phrase continually stood out to me. At the end of the second verse, the lyrics are, "But undaunted still he trusted in his Heavenly Father's care."

Those words feel so profound to me. I know that there are many who are suffering now. There are many who are worried or even scared about what the future holds. I know that there are many who are sick, losing loved ones, and out of jobs. My trials are smaller, but still there. I am struggling day to day right now, emotionally.

But I trust in my Heavenly Father's care. No matter what happens in the future, no matter where life takes me, no matter the hardships, I know that won't change. I know that as long as I keep doing the things God asks me to, He will be there for me and my faith will be strengthened.

And no matter what hardship we face, faith beats fear every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment