Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Our OCTOBER HOMESCHOOL Plans!

With the new baby, we are keeping things simple and easy but we still love doing our activities together! Especially with Halloween coming up, we're really excited for the fun holiday activities! 

Monday, October 4 

The first activity we always do to get ready for Halloween is make Halloween decorations and hang them up on the stairs. This is a tradition from my own childhood and I honestly have almost as much fun making them as an adult as I did when I was a child. 


Tuesday, October 5 

We're going to continue making Halloween decorations on this day. I know from experience last year that we'll want two days to work on our decorations. 

Wednesday, October 6 

To get more into the Halloween mood, we're going to start off the month by painting mini pumpkins for our porch. This is always a messy activity, but also one of the girls' favorites! 


Thursday, October 7 

Because it'll be fall weather, we're going to do some fall themed activities. I thought collecting leaves and making little people out of them would be a fun one to start with.  


Monday, October 11

I found a fall science activity to help the kids learn why leaves change color. You use rubbing alcohol and coffee filters to see the different colors from the leaves. Ashtyn especially loves science activities and will love this one. 


Tuesday, October 12

We'll collect extra leaves for our science activity and use them today to do a graphing activity. This is a simple graphing one that will introduce graphs to Parker, though I think Ashtyn will have fun with it too. 


Wednesday, October 13 

The kids love painting activities, so I thought this Autumn tree painting with cotton balls activity looked fun. It's always great to let kids paint with things other than paint brushes. 


Thursday, October 14

 I've been trying to play more board and card games with the kids and I found this fun Halloween Bingo printable. We can use Halloween M&M's or something similar as markers and the kids can eat the extras. 


Monday, October 18

Switching from more fall activities to Halloween ones, we're going to do playdoh. I am going to make some Halloween colored playdoh, probably orange, purple, and black. 


Tuesday, October 19

Today we're going simple and doing a color by number Halloween sheet. This is a simple activity that is good for all their ages! 


Wednesday, October 20 

I like to try and play games together throughout the month. A fun Halloween game I found with dice is a Create your own Monster game


Thursday, October 21

Today we're going to do a Halloween silhouette craft with a paper plate and paint. The kids always love painting activities and this one will be one that I can help them with fairly easily. 


Monday, October 25

Today, we're going to carve pumpkins! I like to do it late enough that they don't rot too much before Halloween, but soon enough that we have time to enjoy them on our porch. 


Tuesday, October 26

Today we're going to make skeletons out of Q-tips. It's a fun Halloween activity, but we can also learn more about the skeletal system. 


Wednesday, October 27 

Today, we're going to do a mummy craft. You cover the paper with masking tape and then cut out the shape of a mummy. I think the kids will have a lot of fun with it and it'll be a simple one. 


Thursday, October 28 

For the last day of "school" before Halloween, I wanted to do a science experiment. A simple but fun one is to dissolve candy corn in different liquids and record which is fastest. Plus, the kids can eat the extra candy corn, which they'll love. 



  I think we'll have a lot of fun moving into the holidays! 



No comments:

Post a Comment