Saturday, January 8, 2022

2022 Goals!

 It's that time of year again when we talk about goals. I love the feeling of a fresh start that comes with the new year! 

This year, I have eight areas I want to focus on: writing, YouTube, family time, marriage, gospel, finances, exercise, and diet. I have a spread in my bullet journal that I can evaluate how I'm doing each month and make a new, small change to become better throughout the year. 

In writing, I would like to finish my Cinderella retelling (I'm about 1/3 of the way finished with it right now), get my Rapunzel retelling to beta readers, and start a newsletter. 

With YouTube, I'd like to post at least one video a month and do a post a week to Instagram. I'd also like to keep more involved in the bookish community. One thing I might do is switch most of my content over to written content so I can produce more content in less time. 

For family time, I'd like to focus on more quality time together, being more present when I'm with the kids (ie not on my phone as much), and not have the TV on as much. 

With marriage, I'd like to focus on showing love better. This will consist of more exploring with love languages and then finding ways to consistently show Ben love in his love language. 

For gospel, I'd like to rebuild some of the small spiritual habits that have been harder since having the baby. This includes Come Follow Me with the kids, going to the temple more often, and daily prayer.

With finances, I'd like to focus on spending. Between nesting and sleep deprivation, I haven't been the best at sticking to the budget in 2021 and I want to set up systems to do better at that in 2022. 

For exercise, I just need to start doing it again. I was really active during my pregnancy and loved how I felt. Since having Oliver, it's been harder to get into it again (partly just because of the time it takes). I am going to slowly start adding more movement and exercise back in this year. 

And with diet, I want to eat healthier and have a really good relationship with food. I tend to yo-yo between extremes of trying to be strict with food and treats to indulging too much. I would like to eat healthy in a way that I can consistently maintain while allowing myself treats at times. I would really like to lose about 30 pounds this year, but that's secondary to my mindset around food (though I think if I can figure out my mindset, I will be healthier and therefore lose some weight). 

These aren't actually "goals" but more the direction I want to be heading. That way, each month I can see if what I'm doing is getting me closer to where I want to be or further away, and then make small course corrections to improve in each area. 


No comments:

Post a Comment