Wednesday, April 26, 2023

The Life of a Mom

 We recently were at a family party with dinner. As I helped my kids with different things and ate my dinner between helping them, I couldn't help but laugh at the life of a mom. I wanted to share it here, in part so I always remember this amazing time of my life when I am so needed and loved by my kids. 

We got to the party and everyone was bringing the food out onto the porch. I set down Oliver and put away the diaper bag and jackets. As we were getting the food, Rylee ran inside. I knew the host wanted everyone outside, so I followed her in to get her. She told me, "I need to wee!" (her new way of saying she needs to pee, thanks to Bluey). I helped her find and use the bathroom. 

When we came back out, people were dishing up food. I got a plate for Oliver with some food, then helped Rylee get food and find a place to sit. While I was getting my plate ready, Oliver got worried about a dog in the yard (he gets scared of things crawling toward him, including babies). I picked him up and dished up my food. 

As I got it dished up, Parker ran over and needed to use the bathroom. I put my food on the counter inside to keep kids and animals from it and helped Parker find the bathroom. 

We came back out and I helped Parker get her food. Then I remembered that my food was still inside, so I went in and brought my food outside. I began eating. 

Then Ashtyn, who had been playing, came over, so I helped her dish out food. Then I sat down to eat again, but Oliver wanted to sit on my lap because he was nervous about the dog. I picked him up and managed to eat a little more. 

Then Ben finished eating and held Oliver while I finished eating as well. It was a little bit of a circus (as it usually is when we eat somewhere with kids), but it didn't bother me at all. As my kids get older, I grow increasingly grateful for these Mom moments of serving them, and I love that they still need me. I am not ready to let go of that yet and I am so grateful for moments like these that give me the opportunity to show them how much I love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment