Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Our Family May Memories

 May was a wonderful month with warm weather and lots of chances to see friends and family. A highlight of the month was visiting West Jordan to see my family. We love summer more than any other time of the year! 










We got our first watermelon of the year!




And ate a lot of ice cream and popsicles. 

This is how my kids "run through the sprinklers" apparently 😂


We did a fire with hot dogs.



Then we helped Danny in the garden and Lindi made us chocolate donuts 😋

I came over and all the kids were hiding behind the empty door, trying to get the bird to come inside.
It must have a nest close by somewhere, because this isn't the only time it's done this.


Scavenger Hunt Day is in May, 
which is always a fun and simple holiday to celebrate with the kids.







Our first hike of the year was with Chris and Ashley. 
We went up to try one of the hikes behind Redfleet. 
We're not sure we ever found the actual trail, but it was a ton of fun anyway. We always love hiking with Chris and Ashley and it was great to be outside with the kids.


Ashtyn loves making "rock art". 


And Oliver loves to play on the lawnmower.





We had a wonderful Mother's Day. 
Ben made paper roses for me and I love them. 
He also made some for his mom and grandma's. 💗 

On Mother's Day, Rylee woke up feeling pretty sick. Colds tend to hit her really hard.
We ended up staying home from church and just relaxing all morning.


For Star Wars Day, our library did this activity with the kids, and we watched a Star Wars movie.




Ashtyn had her end of year performance for her theater class and did so well.
She really loves the class. 


My little "helpers" in the kitchen!

For Truffle Day this year, I made Oreo truffles (I make them every year), pumpkin pie truffles, peanut butter truffles, and cheesecake truffles. They turned out yummy!


The weekend of Mother's Day, Ben took Oliver to a Fathers and Sons outing with his dad, so the girls and I had a girl's night. We made pizza and ice cream and watched Matilda. 

Ashtyn also had her end of year piano concert. 
She works hard on piano and we are very proud of her.

After her piano concert, we wanted to get ice cream cones. When we went to McDonald's, though, they were all out of ice cream so we went to Wendy's for Frosties. We showed them about eating fries with the Frosties and Oliver loved it. He won't eat fries normally, not even with fry sauce (he just licks it off), but he ate a bunch of fries with the ice cream 😂



One thing I did this month was prep for Parker's birthday. This year, we did the 12 days of Parker, an idea I got from my sister-in-law. For 12 days leading up to her birthday, Parker got to open a little present. Parker loved it! 

 I also spent a good portion of the month redoing my bullet journal. There were a lot of pages in my old one that I wasn't using or wanted to be different, and then I started running out of room on some pages and wanted to add pages to those sections. Instead of waiting 9 months, I decided to just redo it. It was fun and I was happy with how it turned out!


Ben and I make homemade ice cream often. We recently experimented with our vanilla recipe to improve it and this month, we decided to add Oreos to make Cookies and Cream. It is yummy!


Ben's cousin Makenzie recently found out they are having twins and in May, they did a gender reveal. The kids were excited to guess and Ashtyn made a fortune teller to guess what it was. She would do it over and over (that's what the tally marks are). I guessed girls and Ben guessed boys. I was right, they are having girls! (Although, I have to say that my cousin is also expecting a baby soon and did their gender reveal as well, I guess girl and Ben guess boy, and they are having a boy!)

Oliver loves ice cream!



Ashtyn used my phone's camera to make each of them into a superhero!

Oliver loves cars and dogs 💗


Poor Ashtyn. The tooth fairy forgot to come change her tooth for money two nights in a row, so she decided to write a note to help the tooth fairy remember.  


She also made these so she could practice her handwriting. 💗

Ashtyn has also been learning to crochet. She has been making washcloths and is working on counting stitches. She wants to make a perfect one, because I told her I would pay her $10 for one that she counted stitches the whole time. 

Parker did a little drawing lesson with Ben this month and learned to draw eyes. 
This is what she did after their lesson. 

Parker is also getting better and better at reading. She's started reading things like this beginner reader graphic novel on her own, without me. 

💗💗

Rylee fell asleep with a book on her face, which left this mark lol 

Rylee building blocks!

Every morning, we make a protein hot chocolate for the family and Oliver loves it. It is the first thing he asks for when I get him from his crib, so I let him drink it while I change his diaper. He is so cute laying there drinking from his sippy cup 💗



Some cute pictures of Oliver that Ashtyn took 💗

Oliver loves to be included and play whatever his sisters are playing!


 I love sleeping toddlers!





His selfies are so cute 💗


Oliver is talking more and more. 
His favorite thing is to label something and be understood.



A couple more pictures from the kids.


At the library, they had the kids do an activity where they were drawing something that the kids could conserve water for (ie flowers, fish, etc.). Rylee decided to draw ... Blood. 😮


One day at the library, Ashtyn and Parker practiced a puppet show about bugs for almost an hour, made invitations and set up the chairs in front of the puppet area, and then did a puppet show. It was really cute and they had fun, though I had to cut the show down because I think they would have kept going for over an hour if I'd let them. 



We really love going to the library and I'm really grateful for all the Vernal library does 💗

It was a great month! May is a fun, warm month and we love the time we get to spend together each month. 


























































No comments:

Post a Comment