Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Oliver's 5th Birthday!

 Oliver turned 5 at the beginning of September and we had a lot of fun celebrating him! 


Oliver loves the video game Boomerang Fu right now and wanted to do that as his theme. It was super cute and also, I had to figure out how to do everything from scratch because there wasn't anything online because it was so niche (no coloring pages, birthday decorations, or invitations). 


Because there were no coloring pages, what I did was print off a reference page and the kids drew all the pictures. They turned out so cute! 

We did his party early because he wanted to do the decorations at home like normal but he also wanted to swim on his birthday. Because of how the dates turned out, I ended up not getting a tablecloth. We improvised by having Ben make some levels from Boomerang Fu and then ended up using a tablecloth after all. The levels were great though, the kids loved them and cut out small Boomerang Fu characters out of paper and played on the levels during the whole party.


Oliver made the decorations for the cakes and I love them. 





Oliver wasn't super excited about the books I got him, but he has loved them ever since and asked me to read out of them pretty much every day since. 



Happy birthday Oliver!


For part of his 12 days countdown, Oliver got to make homemade ice cream for ice cream cones with sprinkles on top. He loved it.



We did his birthday date the night before his birthday, since we knew we'd be busy swimming on his birthday. He wanted to play Boomerang Fu with a Frosty. I took him to get the Frosty while Ben put the other kids to bed and then we let him stay up to play Boomerang Fu together. 


We played on a team versus computers and he had a blast. 


I always make homemade donuts for birthdays, but this year, Oliver wanted me to make him a "donut cake" out of them. We decided to sing to him again since his birthday party had been a few days earlier.




His birthday ended up being a little colder, so Oliver didn't last long in the pool but he did get in and he had fun even though he didn't swim a lot. The kids got pizza, watermelon, and lots of time playing outside. Melissa's van was getting worked on, so I picked her and her kids up and dropped them off. When I got back, the kids were snuggling Grandpa Danny by the fire as he told them stories 🩷

It was a great few days of celebrating Oliver! We are so glad to have him in our family!


















No comments:

Post a Comment