Monday, March 16, 2020

Faith During the Coronavirus

Everyone is talking about the Coronavirus and many are freaking out about it. The store shelves are emptying daily, events are being canceled, and many are afraid for the future. 

I don't have a lot to add to all this. I've seen many logical, calm posts about staying calm and being smart (staying home where possible, washing hands, etc.). If you haven't seen President Nelson's message of peace, that is a great one to watch. 

Today, I just wanted to talk about my own feelings. I am a little nervous that if this goes on longer than a few months, we'll start running out of staples. I hate that I can't just go to the store to get what we need. It's hard to not be able to do things with the kids like go to the library or the store. But I understand why and I fully support it. 

But I am not scared of the future. I know that if we run out of supplies, we have friends and families who can help us. I know that if the stock market and economy suffer, we'll ride it out and then it will be okay again. I know that if we get the sickness, we'll probably be fine and that if we have family members who die from it, we'll get through that with God's help as well. And if things turn bad and don't get better, I know that we'll get through that too, with God's help. We've been warned of things like this in the last days, but we've also been promised that God will help us in our time of need. 

In short, I have faith. We should prepare where we can, especially as this crisis passes. I know that this has been eye opener for me, of where I am prepared and where I am lacking. I'm so grateful for this kick in the pants to get on our preparedness for the future. As we prepare physically, though, it's even more important to prepare spiritually. As we keep faith--and not fear--in the Lord and his plan, we will be able to have compassion, help others in need, and truly be Christlike, even in this midst of a hard time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment