Sunday, March 1, 2020

My Testimony of the Gospel

Today I wanted to share a simple testimony of the gospel.

I have a testimony of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that it holds the full gospel, contains saving ordinances found nowhere else, and helps us to become more like our Heavenly Father.

I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It was given to us in our day to testify of Christ and teach us how to better serve God. I know that as we make the Book of Mormon a priority in our lives, we are blessed with strength and the Spirit.

I know that President Nelson is a prophet of God, called by God to lead us today. I know that as we strive to follow his teachings, we will draw closer to God and be blessed for it.

I know that families can be together forever. I know that the temple contains saving ordinances and that as we keep our covenants, we will grow together towards God and be blessed together for eternity.

I know that Heavenly Father loves me, and loves his children. I know He wants what is best for us and will help us in whatever way he can. Sometimes this means trials, sometimes this means blessings, usually it means both. I know that as we draw near to Him through prayer and try our best to keep His commandments, we will feel His love, not only for ourselves, but for all His children.

I know that Jesus died for me. His atonement makes it possible to keep trying and to one day return to Heavenly Father and be like Him. Without the atonement, all would be lost, but with it, all becomes possible.

I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. I am so grateful for my family, for my husband, and for my children. I'm grateful for influences in my life, such as the Book of Mormon, the temple, and the prophet. I feel so beyond blessed to have been born into such a wonderful family who taught me, through words and through example, about the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment