Sunday, June 28, 2020

Some of my Favorite Things to do in the Summer

I love summer! I would much rather it be way hot than even chilly. And I love going outside when it's warm and hot and I love a lot of "summer" activities. 

I love getting out the little kiddie pool for the kids and getting in it with them! 

I love going to the lake. We have two local reservoirs that are within 15 minutes of our house and we love going to them. We have a pass that allows us to go whenever we want. One has beaches and the other has more rocks and cliffs. 

We also love to go wading out at the creek outside Ben's parents' house. There are tons of mosquitoes, but it's worth it. We wade, throw rocks, dig in the sand when there's some, catch minnows and crawdads, and dig out a deeper swimming hole.  

I love going hiking. This is one we don't do as often, because Ben doesn't like that hassle as much, but I love going on hikes. The journey is fun is and the destination is almost always worth it. 

Another thing we love to do is make a fort out in the trees at Ben's parents' house. This is really fun for the kids and for the adults!

I love sitting outside in the yard, whether here or at either Grandma's house. The kids can play and the grown ups can enjoy the nice weather. 

And of course, the park is a place that we love to go. As long as it's not too hot, it's fun for the kids and I can even get in some reading time every once in awhile. 

I love sending the girls outside. It's nice to be able to get a little bit of a break from the noise and they usually don't squabble as much when they're playing outside. 

I love summer food like popsicles and watermelon and grilled dinners. 

Honestly, there isn't much about summer that I don't love. I'm so happy my favorite season is finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment