Sunday, July 5, 2020

Fourth of July Fun!

This year, our Fourth of July looked a little different since we couldn't do my Grandma's Fourth of July party. We still had a lot of fun and kept a lot of our traditions though! 

We started off the day just being lazy together. The kids played outside until after Rylee's nap, when we took our little kiddie pool over to Ben's parents' house. There, we put the sprinkler under the tramp and let the kids play with water all afternoon. 

After playing with water, we had a yummy dinner. We had shredded beef sandwiches, chips, corn on the cob, potato salad, vegetables (including from the garden), and peanut butter kiss cookies. When dinner was done, we watched The Wizard of Oz and the kids got a much needed rest. 

When the movie was over, we had homemade creamies outside, where the weather had cooled off to perfection. Then we got out Pop Its for the kids. 

At this point, it wasn't dark, but it was past 8:00 and we weren't wanting the kids to stay up super late, so we got out the fireworks we had bought. We didn't go all out, like at my Grandma's, but we also didn't want to skip fireworks altogether. Rylee especially loved them all. 



When we got home, I put Rylee to bed while Ben unloaded the car and Ashtyn and Parker watched some of the aerial fireworks that were going on down the street. Once we finally got them in bed, Ben and I took a blanket to our lawn and watched the neighbors' fireworks as a little date night together. 

It was a wonderful day! I wish I'd taken pictures and we sure missed my side of the family all day, but I love my little family so much. It was so nice to relax as a family while still enjoying some of our favorite things about the Fourth of July. 

No comments:

Post a Comment