Sunday, September 27, 2020

Our Latest Daily Routine

 Since starting homeschool this last month, we've gotten into a new flow. Not everyday goes like this, but this is what I shoot for most days. 

I try to go to sleep by around 10:00 pm the night before so that I can wake up around 6:30. The first thing I do when I wake up is open up the gospel library app on my phone and read scriptures for the day. Then I say prayers and get a balance bar. 

I'm ready to write between 6:45 and 7:00. I write for thirty minutes using a timer and if I have time, I try to edit for about 15 minutes (I am currently working on two projects, a new one that I need to write words for and one that's already written that I am editing). 

At 7:30, I go up and get the girls (they almost always wake up around 7:20 right now). I bring them downstairs and get them breakfast while I clear out the dishwasher. Then I make everyone some eggs and have breakfast while the girls finish eating. While I eat, I fill out what I'm going to eat on MyFitnessPal, write in my journal, and do my daily affirmations. 

When I'm finished eating, I get the girls going on their morning list (do their dishes, hug mom, get dressed, put away clothes, clean the table area). If I need to take a shower, I put on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for Rylee while I shower and get dressed, otherwise, I just go and get ready for the day. 

When I'm ready, I do the girls' hair. Ashtyn likes to do her own hair, if she does her list fast enough. We try to be done with our morning stuff by 9:00 to start homeschool. 

We do homeschool from nine to noon. We start with a hymn, then move to read aloud. Then we do some table work (Parker does her letters while Ashtyn does her art lessons, and they do journals) and our homeschool activity. We finish with yoga and silent reading, as long as we have time. 

Then we have lunch. Ashtyn likes to make lunch for the girls, so she usually starts that a little before noon. I make myself lunch and help Ashtyn with whatever she needs. After lunch, Ashtyn practices piano with my help, and I try to go in the basement before or after lunch to exercise. 

At 1:00, I put Rylee down for her nap. What I do during naps depends on the day. On Monday, I go grocery shopping and I've recently started taking the older girls with me again. On Tuesdays, I take Ashtyn to her piano lesson. Wednesdays and Thursdays I get stuff done for writing or YouTube, or relax. 

During naps, the older girls usually go outside right now, as it's the prime time for nice weather. When Rylee wakes up, she loves to go out there with them. We usually play outside until dinner time. 

We eat dinner around 5:00 and then do family scriptures right after dinner. We usually spend from dinner until bedtime together as a family. Then we do bedtime at 8:30 and Ben and I spend time together until we go to bed around 10:00. 

On Fridays, we do reading and Ashtyn still practices piano, but we spend the rest of homeschool time doing chores. Then the girls can play with friends on Friday and Saturday.

Saturday mornings I clear out the dishwasher and post to my writing group, but then I just relax. I let the girls watch movies and play while I read, usually. Ben and I try to do our date night Saturday afternoon or evening, and the girls usually play with friends at least a little bit. 

Sunday mornings, Ben gets the girls and makes breakfast so I can stay in bed and plan out my week while having a little break. Then we talk with my mom and do church. Ben and I take turns going to church while the other one stays home with the girls right now. We try to do a church lesson at home with them, then in the evening we go to Ben's parents house for a family dinner. 

It has been a good flow, though I'm still trying to figure out how to get everything done that I want. I wonder if that will ever change though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment