Sunday, November 22, 2020

I am THANKFUL for my Blessings!

This is a post I've been planning on doing for Thanksgiving, but it feels especially timely after President Nelson's wonderful message of hope this week. I love the emphasis on gratitude at this time of year. 

This week, I loved reading 6:9 (And they did sing praises unto the Lord; yea, the brother of Jared did sing praises unto the Lord, and he did thank and praise the Lord all the day long; and when night came, they did not cease to praise the Lord) and singing our own "hymn of praise" as a family. It reminded me to not only be grateful for my blessings, but to grateful TO God for my blessings. God has given me so much.

Today I just wanted to share the things I am MOST grateful for, though the list is truly endless. 

My Family 




This is my biggest blessing. It doesn't matter what else happens in life, because I have my family. My husband loves and supports me. I am blessed with three beautiful daughters that I get to spend time with as they learn and grow and play. I also have a wonderful extended family. My mother, who has done more for me than anyone else. My step dad and his family, who came later in my life, but have brought new love and blessings. My grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins, who created a strong and loving support system as I grew up. My in-laws, who accepted me as one of them and have become as much a family to me as the one I grew up with. And many friends, who I love as if they were my family. I have always been blessed with loving people surrounding me, and as I've grown older, that circle has only grown. 

The Gospel




This encompasses so much that bring so many blessings to my life. Church, and the blessings that come from my ward family. Service, both service we receive and service we can give. The temple and the blessing of eternal families. The scriptures and the Holy Ghost. The Savior, and his atonement. Oh, how blessed I am to have the gospel in my life!  

My Books 




This might seem like a minor one to some people, but this is a large part of my life. I've always been a "book nerd" and loved books (thanks to my mother!) before I even knew how to read. Now, I have a YouTube channel around books and writing, a bookish bullet journal that is so fun to me, and get to write my own books! This is all on top of continuing to love to read books of all kinds. I am so grateful for those who have shared their talents with me by publishing their books and for the chance to develop my own writing talent. 


My heart is so full as we come to the holidays this year. I am so blessed and am so glad we focus on that this time of year. I would love to hear your biggest blessings in the comments below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment