Sunday, January 31, 2021

My FEBRUARY HOMESCHOOL Plans

The end of the month means I get to plan the next month's activities! Due to various things, we've been in survival mode the last few weeks; we were able to do some of the activities I had planned for January, but not all. I'm going to plan some easier activities in February and just know that I will get to what I can get to and not worry about what I can't get to. 

Monday, February 1 

Make Valentine's Decorations - This is a simple and fun one, that they can enjoy all month as we put their paper creations on the wall. 


Tuesday February 2 

Ground Hogs Day Coloring Pages - I have found some cute printables on Pinterest that I think the girls will use. It will be easy and introduce them to what Ground Hogs Day is. We'll also find a homeschool video online talking about Ground Hog's Day and watch to see what the groundhog does this year. 


Wednesday February 3 

Make cards for Mailman - Thursday is Thank a Mailman Day, so I thought the day before, the girls could make simple cards to leave in the mailbox for him. 


Thursday February 4

Valentine's Day Volcano - You add Valentine's confetti to baking soda and pink food coloring to the vinegar. Then it's volcano like normal! 


Monday, February 8

Valentine's Dot Painting - The kids love these pages, and always end up making their own pictures afterward. It's a simple activity with very little prep. 


Tuesday February 9 

Make Valentine's Bookmarks - The girls always love getting bookmarks from the library and I think they'll really enjoy making their own. I found these cute printables off Pinterest and it should be easy to glue them onto cardstock paper for the girls after they color them. 


Wednesday February 10 

Make Valentine's Day Cards - The girls love making cards for people. I don't know who they will want to make them for, but for their dad and probably some cousins and grandparents. I want to do it a little early so I can get them in the mail on time. 


Thursday February 11

Pattered heart coloring pages - This is a simple activity that will be good for a variety of ages. Ashtyn can color with attention to detail, Parker can color the different hearts, and Rylee can just color. 


Monday, February 15 

Pokemon Color by Numbers - The girls have been really into Pokemon lately and I think they'll love these coloring pages. 


Tuesday February 16

Make Color Disappear Science Experiment - You use bleach to make food coloring disappear from clear cups of water. I think the girls will love it and it's a really simple activity. 


Wednesday February 17 

Playdoh - I mentioned last month that we don't do playdoh as much as I would like, so I want to plan at least one day a month when I let the girls get out our playdoh stuff. I have a recipe for homemade playdoh with flour and salt that I love. It's super easy and quick and I don't have to worry if Rylee decides to eat it. Last month when we got out the playdoh, they literally played with it all day until it dried out and we had to throw it away. They love playdoh! 


Thursday February 18

Color a United States Map - I've been wanting to do more geography stuff with the kids. They love looking at maps and learning about other places. This is a simple thing to do while we're in survival mode while to get started with it. We know people who live in different areas of the country, so it'll be fun to show the girls where they live as well. 


Monday, February 22 

Make paper books - I planned to do this last month with the girls, but we never got to it. It's an activity we've done before that they enjoy. We take a single piece of paper and turn it into a book that the girls can then color. 


Tuesday February 23 

Letter Hunt - This is another activity that I wanted to do last month but didn't get to. You put letters around your house and let your kids find them! 


Wednesday February 24 

Make Chocolate Covered Nuts - For Chocolate Covered Nuts Day, I thought the girls might like to help me make some. We have a yummy chocolate recipe that uses cocoa butter and maple syrup, and then we can pour it into our mini silicone muffin pans. 


Thursday February 25

Make up fairy tales together - The 26th is National Fairy Tale Day and I thought the kids would love making up their own. Parker loves telling stories and Ashtyn has written her own before. I could help them write them down if they wanted. Ashtyn might want to write her own (with my help with spelling) and Parker could draw pictures from hers.


Some of the trials we are experiencing as a family are going to continue into February and I know it won't be an easy month. I am grateful for my kids and my family, though, and I know we can still make wonderful memories together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment