Sunday, February 28, 2021

Our MARCH HOMESCHOOL Plans

It's that time of the month--to look ahead at what I might want to do with the girls as our special homeschool activity!

Our homeschool day always starts with reading aloud together on the couch (after getting ready for the day) and then we move to the table to work on the kids' goals (Ashtyn works on math and art, Parker and Rylee work on learning letters) and do their journals. Then we do a learning activity together, and I like to plan those around holidays and a variety of subjects. On Fridays, our activity is helping the girls with their chores, so I only plan Monday through Thursday. 

Monday, March 1 

Dr. Seuss's birthday is March 2, so we're spending the first week of the month doing some Dr. Seuss themed activities and reading Dr. Seuss books. 

Today, we're going to make some Dr. Seuss headbands out of paper. I'm also going to make jello cups with Swedish fish (1 fish, 2 fish) on top as a special treat for the girls.

Books to read: One Fish, Two Fish; Horton Hears a Who; and The Lorax




Tuesday, March 2 

Today, we're going to make a "green eggs" science experiment. You mix baking soda with green food coloring and water, then form the mixture into little balls that look like green eggs. Then the kids can pour vinegar over them and they will fizz away. 

For dinner, we're going to do green eggs and ham with pancake stacks that are similar to the Cat in the Hat's hat. During homeschool, their treat will be bananas and strawberries cut and patterned to look like the cat's hat. 

Books to read: The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham






Wednesday, March 3 

Today we're going to watch some videos on facts about Dr. Seuss and do some printables and coloring pages. Their snack will be string cheese that I've decorated like the Cat in the Hat. 

Book to read: The Cat in the Hat Comes Back 





Thursday, March 4 

For the last day of the week, for our activity, we're going to make cupcakes. I got cupcake mix quite awhile ago from someone that we haven't used yet. We can then decorate them red and white for the Cat in the Hat and I can let the girls eat them (and share some with neighbors). 

I will also read the other few Dr. Seuss books we have. 


Monday, March 8

Color a US state card and learn about that card. I have been wanting to do more with geography with the kids (and they love it when we do) and I found this site that has a card for each state in the United States. I also found a website that has a coloring page for each state. I thought we could slowly go through these and learn about them. 


Tuesday, March 9 

Today is going to be a playdoh day! The kids love playdoh and it presents a lot of educational opportunities, but because it makes a mess, we don't get it out very often. I love doing it for homeschool every once in while. This is the recipe I use for homemade playdoh.


Wednesday, March 10 

March 10 is Mario Day and the kids love Super Mario Bros! We're going to do some simple Mario coloring pages and maybe play some Mario games together. 


Thursday, March 11

Today we're going to make DIY Word Projectors. You use plastic wrap and toilet paper rolls to write on the plastic wrap with a sharpie and then shine a flashlight through to project the words onto the wall. It looks like an activity the girls will really like!  


Monday, March 15 

This is our St. Patrick's Day week. I love St. Patrick's Day! Today we're going to a fun shamrock painting activity


Tuesday, March 16 

I wanted to do some Dot Painting pages today. We recently go new dot markers, so the kids should have fun with it. 


Wednesday, March 17 

St. Patrick's Day! I thought I could do a St. Patrick's Day scavenger hunt for the kids, with some chocolate coins at the end for them. They love scavenger hunts and it's something we don't do often, so they should love it. 


Thursday, March 18 

On the last day of the week, we're going to make leprechaun sand. You mix baking soda and vinegar together with green food coloring, mixing it with your hands. It makes a mixture the kids can then play with and is easy to clean up. 


Monday, March 22

Today, we're going to do scribble art! It's super simple and I think the girls will love it. You scribble over the page, and then color in the little shapes that the shapes make. 


Tuesday, March 23 

Today I wanted to try The Raining Sponge science experiment. You use a sponge over a jar with water and food coloring to show what happens when it rains. It will be a great time to revisit the water cycle with them. 


Wednesday, March 24 

I thought we could learn about another state today. For the links, see March 8 above. 

Thursday, March 25 

For a gross motor activity, I want to tape lines onto the floor for the kids to walk, skip, or whatever they want to do along the lines. This is an activity I had planned earlier in the year that we never got to. 


Monday, March 29 

I found a cute worksheet that has blank circles on it and the activity is to turn the circles into whatever you want. I thought it would be a fun, simple activity for all three girls! 


Tuesday, March 30

March 30 is Take a Walk in the Park Day so I thought it would be a fun day to spend the morning at the park, depending on the weather. If it's 55 or above, then we'll go, if not, we'll have to find something else to do. 


Wednesday, March 31 

I wanted to do dot painting today. Rather than finding printables, I thought I would give them blank pages and see what they can come up with on their own. 


Thursday, April 1 

For a fun, simple activity, we're going to pull out our animal action cards. They have an animal on each card and as the kids pull the card, they then act like that animal for a few minutes. We've done the activity before and they have a lot of fun with it. 


That's what I have planned for March! It'll be a fun month, between Dr. Seuss Day and St. Patrick's Day! Plus, there will probably be some warm days, which is always so nice! I can't wait to spend more time outside! 


No comments:

Post a Comment