Sunday, April 25, 2021

Our MAY HOMESCHOOL Plans

It is May! We've had some wonderful warm weather so far and it's only going to get warmer from here. I am focusing on some simpler activities this week, while also trying to do activities in some of my goal areas. 

Monday, May 3 

To start off the month, I want to do some mud painting with the girls. This is something I had planned to do in April, but it got cold and cloudy/rainy when I was planning on doing it. 



Tuesday, May 4 

For May the Fourth (be with you day), I wanted to do some Star Wars activities. I have a May the Fourth coloring page for them. I also have some mazes for Ashtyn that I can do with her and a printable where they can make their own star wars monster. We'll also watch the first Star Wars movie (with Anakin as a child), because that's the girls' favorite one. 




Wednesday, May 5 

I have always liked celebrating Cinco De Mayo! For our homeschool day, we'll watch some videos on YouTube about the history of Cinco De Mayo. Our main activity will be to make little Pull PiƱatas together. We'll also have some festive food (maybe some nachos).


Thursday, May 6

Since Mother's Day is Sunday of this week, this day we'll spend the morning making some Mother's Day cards for Grandma's. 


Monday, May 10

To celebrate spring, we're going to color our own butterfly. I also have this printable with butterfly patterns they can copy if they want, or just color them (which makes it good for a wider age/capability range). 



Tuesday, May 11

I've been learning more about Game Schooling and I love the idea, especially for giving our kids basic math skills. I want to choose a couple days a month (and work our way up to playing more often eventually). We have quite a few games that the kids love and some that I want to introduce them to still. They will love spending the morning with me playing games with them. 


Wednesday, May 12

I try to plan a day at least once a month to get out playdoh. The kids love it, but it's a mess, so I don't usually do it unless I plan it. I saw an idea for an activity where you find different objects around the house and make "prints" in the playdoh with them. 


Thursday, May 13

I found some cute, fun yoga poses that are spring themed. I think the girls will have fun doing spring yoga with me. 



Monday, May 17 

For our art today, I want to do symmetry drawing. This is a simple activity that I think both Ashtyn and Parker will have fun with. 


Tuesday, May 18

I want to get outside for our activity today and make a maze using sticks. Ashtyn has been loving paper mazes, so I think she'll especially like this one. 


Wednesday, May 19

I found some gross motor cards online called mimic me cards. You try to get your body to do the same shape as the stick figure on the card. The girls love our animal cards and I think they'll like this one. 


Thursday, May 20

Today for our science activity, we're going to make hand bubbles from dish soap. I've actually done this before as a teenager and it was really fun and cool. I want to involve Ben, to help if the kids get frustrated not being able to do it at first. 


Monday, May 24

This day is National Scavenger Hunt Day, so of course we have to do a scavenger hunt. I thought a color scavenger hunt might be a little different from what we've done in the past and fun for the kids.  


Tuesday, May 25

Today is another game day!  



Wednesday, May 26

We've made origami books from a single page before and the girls really liked it. This is a printable I found that has different boxes and a little more structure. I thought it would be fun to try and I think Ashtyn especially will have fun with it.   


Thursday, May 27

Another experiment I want to do this month is the hidden colors science experiment. It's a baking soda and vinegar combination, but you hide the color under the baking soda, so it's a surprise when they add the vinegar! 


Monday, May 31

Because this is Memorial Day and also the day before Parker's birthday (so, a day I am going to be doing some things to prep for her party), we're going to take the day off of homeschool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment