Sunday, April 4, 2021

Hope in Christ

Happy Easter! 


As we have listened to General Conference this weekend, I have felt the Spirit and been uplifted and inspired to be better. I have felt the Spirit testify to me that God performs miracles for me, that obedience will strengthen my faith, and that Christ truly atoned for my shortcomings. 

Through this past year, I have felt myself grow and also recognize better my own sins and need for repentance. 

As I have experienced this recognition, I sometimes have felt hopelessness at how far I have to grow. I act so imperfectly towards others and know that my capacity to love and accept others is not where I wish it was. This at times was discouraging. 

My testimony of the atonement has grown because of this. I know that God can expand our capacity to become more like Him as we turn to Him. I know that prayers are answered and that the joy of repentance comes through His power. I know that it is only through Him and the strength He gives us that we can truly see and love others the way He sees and loves them. 

We are imperfect and will not attain perfection in this life, but we can become better. We can treat others more kindly, apologize and repent as we make mistakes, and ask God to help us see those around us with a softened and loving heart no matter how they are acting. As we do so, I know we will progress in our journey to becoming like Him someday and I know God will be there with us. 

I hope you had a wonderful Easter, full of family and the Spirit and hope in Christ. 


No comments:

Post a Comment