Saturday, May 29, 2021

June SUMMER ACTIVITY Plans!

 This summer, we're going to take some time off of school. I still want to read with the kids everyday (we're going to be doing our summer reading program, which the girls are excited for) and I still want to do activities with them, to make sure I'm spending lots of time with them. I do best with a plan, so I'm going to be planning out the activities just like I do during the school year. 

Monday, May 31 

I got an email with worksheets for an ant life cycle. Because the girls love ants and bugs, I thought it would be a fun thing for them. 


Tuesday, June 1 

This is Parker's birthday! We're going to do a special date with Parker in the morning while Caleb watches Ashtyn and Rylee. Because she is doing a unicorn party, I also found these color-by-number unicorn pages for the girls in the afternoon. 


Wednesday, June 2

Today, we're going to be recovering from all the birthday stuff, so I wanted to do something simple. I found this idea for a science experiment to see what melts in the sun. I'm hoping since it's June, it'll be hot enough to do it. 


Thursday, June 3 

Mud painting is something that I have wanted to do for awhile, but every time I planned it, it ended up being too cold. Now that it's June, hopefully we can finally do it! 


Monday, June 7

I found this fun idea to make nature bookmarks. The girls can gather leaves and maybe some weed flowers out in the creek, and then we can use Lindi's laminator to make their bookmark for them. I think Ashtyn (who loves flowers and reading) will especially love this activity.


 Tuesday, June 8

Today is World Ocean Day! I got these count-by-number ocean pages in an email and thought they were a perfect way to celebrate. I also have some other ocean animal sheets. We can also watch some videos to learn more on YouTube or watch  Octonauts. 


Wednesday, June 9 

Today is Donald Duck Day! I'm going to have some coloring pages for the girls and we'll watch some of the Mickey Mouse shows on Disney+. 


Thursday, June 10 

A simple outdoor activity that we have fun with is rock balancing. The girls love finding the rocks and trying to get them to balance. We can do this in our backyard or out in the creek.


 Monday, June 14

Today we're going to do a simple shadow drawing activity. It will have an easy set up and I think the kids will have a lot of fun with it. 


Tuesday, June 15

Moving outside, we are going to use chalk, rocks, and plants to make people on the cement. I know the kids will love this one, especially Ashtyn. 


Wednesday, June 16 

We love to do painting outside. I thought we could do this fun activity and let the girls make a name sign. It'll be easy for me to set up and the girls can paint the papers however they want. Doing it outside will help minimize the mess. 


Thursday, June 17

Today we're going to make some cards for Father's Day, so I have time to send them out before Father's Day comes. 

Monday, June 21

Painting is a great thing to do during the summer because we can do it outside to help with the mess. Today, I wanted to try frozen painting, a fun summer twist to art!


Tuesday, June 22

Another fun activity I saw the idea for was to make a sundial. It'll be a fun way to talk about time and clocks, and we can learn about the history of it. 


Wednesday, June 23

Today my activity is to play games together. We'll keep it simple and play some of the board games we have. 


Thursday, June 24

Today is International Fairy Day, and since the girls love fairies, we have to celebrate! I'm going to buy a wooden little house for the girls to paint and then take them in the backyard to help them decorate their fairy houses. I also have some fairy coloring pages


Monday, June 28

Another craft I got through email was the idea for a mermaid handprint craft. The girls absolutely love mermaids. I thought after we made the crafts, we could take their mermaid Barbies outside into our little kiddie pool. 


Tuesday, June 29

This day, we're going to make toilet paper roll bird feeders with peanut butter and bird feed. We will probably need to hang them up at Ben's parent's house because we don't have a good place in our yard to hang them up. 


Wednesday, June 30 

Today, I wanted to do something special and go get ice cream together. I'll stop at a local fruit bar to get a sugar-free fruit smoothie for myself since I'm not eating sugar right now. 


Thursday, July 1

With the Fourth of July close, I thought I'd let the girls try some salt painting. The paintings end up looking like fireworks, which will be fun. 



No comments:

Post a Comment