Saturday, June 26, 2021

July SUMMER ACTIVITY Plans!

 June was fun and busy and we honestly did maybe half of what I had planned in June's planning blog post. We had family visit, library activities, and lots of friends and playing outside which took up our time. 

This month, instead of planning activities for each day, I am going to put some of the activities that I really want to do here so that I can reference it as I'm planning each week, but not feel pressure to be too busy or try to do too much. 

Nature Bookmarks 

I found this fun idea to make nature bookmarks. The girls can gather leaves and maybe some weed flowers out in the creek, and then we can use Lindi's laminator to make their bookmark for them. I think Ashtyn (who loves flowers and reading) will especially love this activity.

Rock Balancing 

A simple outdoor activity that we have fun with is rock balancing. The girls love finding the rocks and trying to get them to balance. We can do this in our backyard or out in the creek.

Shadow Drawing 

Today we're going to do a simple shadow drawing activity. It will have an easy set up and I think the kids will have a lot of fun with it. 

Nature People 

Moving outside, we are going to use chalk, rocks, and plants to make people on the cement. I know the kids will love this one, especially Ashtyn. 

Frozen Paint 

Painting is a great thing to do during the summer because we can do it outside to help with the mess. Today, I wanted to try frozen painting, a fun summer twist to art!

Make a Sundial 

Another fun activity I saw the idea for was to make a sundial. It'll be a fun way to talk about time and clocks, and we can learn about the history of it. 

Bird Feeders 

This day, we're going to make toilet paper roll bird feeders with peanut butter and bird feed. We will probably need to hang them up at Ben's parent's house because we don't have a good place in our yard to hang them up. 

Sun Print Experiment 

This is a fun and simple sun activity. Ashtyn especially loves science and we can learn about why/how it leaves prints on the paper. 


Make a Ladybug 

Coloring and craft activities are great for rainy days or really hot times in the summer. I think all three girls will love this one, since they all love ladybugs


Under the Sea Pages 

I have some ocean themed worksheets for the girls to do. We can also watch some YouTube videos about the ocean and ocean creatures. 


Color Wheel 

Ashtyn loves art and I got emailed these color wheel worksheets that I think she will really like. 



Backyard Bugs Course 

I found this free course on bugs that I can do with Ashtyn during the summer. It looks fun and I think she'll enjoy us doing it together. 

So that's it! I don't know if we'll get to all of these. Each Tuesday, our library does an activity in the morning, so we've been doing that each week. We've also been reading a ton, because we have a goal to read 100 hours this summer together. That's been lots of fun and any activity we do on top of that will be great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment