Saturday, November 20, 2021

Finding Gratitude

I heard a story once about a lady who had started a daily gratitude journal. At the end of each day, she would open up a notes app on her phone and write down one thing from that day that she was grateful for. 

Then she faced a heartbreaking situation--a miscarriage. As she lay in bed that night, she remembered her gratitude journal habit. But, she thought to herself, what in the world do I have to be grateful for today? I'm in pain. My heart is hurting. It has been the crappiest day of my life. 

But as she thought about it more, she realized that she did have so much to be grateful for. A husband who carried her to her bed. A doctor who made sure she was okay physically. A home and bed to rest in. 

When I heard this story, I was filled with so much gratitude for my own blessings. Life can get hard. It can get really hard. But no matter our situation, there will always be something to find gratitude for. Here are some of the things I am most grateful for. 

My Family 



My Children 


My Husband 


My Books 


My Writing 


The Gospel 


Jesus Christ 


My hope is that our yearly reminder to be grateful at Thanksgiving can carry over into our daily lives throughout the rest of the year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment