Sunday, February 13, 2022

My Favorite Kitchen Appliances

I love to spend time in the kitchen making healthy, delicious food. Today I thought I'd share some of my favorite appliances that I use. 


Our ice cream machine (we got ours renewed) is probably the most used appliance in our house. Ben and I love to make ice cream after the kids go down. This is the recipe I use most often. 


I also use the bread machine (I always buy mine on eBay) and wheat grinder at least several times a week. I make bread three to five times a week and I also love using it for things like pizza crust, cinnamon rolls, and hamburger buns. 


This air fryer is our newest appliance and we use it almost everyday. It's our favorite way to cook meat and a lot of vegetables now. It's super easy to use and to clean.


This hot chocolate maker (we bought ours used for about $40) is another recently bought appliance. We use it every morning and love it! We do 1 cup water, 3 tbsp powdered milk, 2 tsp cocoa powder, 3 tsp maple syrup, and 1 tbsp collagen (though I quadruple the recipe for the whole family).



I have some different silicone muffin liners and pans and I love them. I recently have loved using the heart shaped ones to make heart shaped crayons from broken crayons. 


I love having this square waffle maker. I had a Belgium one at one point, but I like these because when we have leftover waffles, they warm up in the toaster really well. 


My mom gave us this potato masher for Christmas and it's our favorite. It folds down so it fits in our drawer really well. We don't use it a ton, but it's the kind of thing you want to keep around. It's so nice to be able to easily keep it out of the way until we need it. 


We love this can opener. It's simple, but it works really well. It's one of the few kitchen things that we keep an extra around (as a part of "food storage"). 


I don't love this meat thermometer particularly, but I can never go back to not having one. It makes it so much easier to make sure the meat is actually done and it really helps in not overcooking the meat as well.


My hand mixer is another frequently used appliance. I really like the one I have, though I only ever use the beaters. I actually have two pairs (I kept the beaters from my old hand mixer when it died) and didn't keep the whisk attachment.


This isn't technically an appliance, but it's my favorite thing about my kitchen, so I thought I'd end on this. This is how I keep my measuring cups and spoons organized. I also keep an extra tablespoon around because I often like to use it without it being attached to the other measuring spoons. 


Those are the things I must often use in the kitchen. What is your favorite kitchen appliance? 





























No comments:

Post a Comment