Sunday, February 27, 2022

Our MARCH Homeschool Plans!

It's that time of month again when I'm planning out what activities I want to do with the kids. We read and work on the kids' educational goals in the mornings and then I try to do an activity with them each day. I like to plan those activities out to make it more likely that I'll actually fit it into our day.

Last month, I wanted to change our homeschool activities to the afternoons or evenings. It worked okay, but we had cousins come to visit for almost the whole month unexpectedly. It's been really fun and we've spent a lot of our time with them! This meant that while we got our homeschool stuff in most mornings, our "activity" for the day was often spending time with cousins. 

This month, we aren't sure how long cousins will be here, but I'm planning some activities and if we don't get to them because we're busy with family, that's okay too! I'm going to keep them simple too make it more likely that we'll do them. 

Tuesday, March 1 

Today is going to be a playdoh day! The girls love playing with playdoh and it's actually an activity I can really enjoy doing with them as well. 


Wednesday, March 2 

This is Dr. Seuss' Birthday! The girls and I love to celebrate by making green eggs and ham for breakfast, reading some of his children's books, coloring some coloring pages, and making a Cat in the Hat treat. 


Thursday, March 3 

Last school year, Ashtyn spent a lot of time following drawing tutorials. Since having Oliver, we haven't done this as much. I thought we could start doing this once a week again, especially since Parker loves doing them now as well. 

Weekend science experiment: 

A science experiment I've been meaning to do for a long time is a water bottle balloon one. You put vinegar in the water bottle and baking soda in the balloon. When you put the balloon on the bottle, the baking soda falls into the vinegar and the gases fill up the balloon with air. 


Monday, March 7 

Something I've been learning more about recently is Game School, which is helping kids learn through playing games with them. I love this idea! I found a fun math game I can play with the kids called Roll to 100. I found the rules for it here.



Tuesday, March 8 

Today I wanted to play a board game with the kids. We have a ridiculous amount of games for how often we play them. I've picked out a few to focus on this month. Rylee isn't quite old enough to enjoy games like this yet, but both Parker and Ashtyn always love it. 


Wednesday, March 9 

Today, I thought we could do a simple and fun spelling/physical activity. This spell-your-name activity is one I found on Pinterest. I think all the kids will have fun with it and it will help reinforce for Rylee (who is currently learning how to spell her name). 



Thursday, March 10 

This is another drawing day! I can find some tutorials on Pinterest to do with the girls or find one on YouTube.  

Weekend science experiment: 

The experiment this week is called Dinosaur Toothpaste. You use hydrogen peroxide and dish soap with yeast to make it foam up and can add food coloring for fun.



Monday, March 14

Because it's Pi Day, we're going to spend our time making pie! We'll have pizza for dinner and learn about Pi in math. We'll also do one of the girl's favorite activities--drawing toppings onto paper pizzas. 


Tuesday, March 15 

This is another Playdoh day! 


Wednesday, March 16 

And another afternoon spent drawing! A couple months ago, we all did a drawing tutorial together and had a lot of fun with this. This month, I have one to draw a cute little donut. I think the girls will have fun with it and if I'm feeling ambitious, we could even make donuts to go with it. 

Thursday, March 17 

This day is St. Patrick's Day! Because of my time spent Irish dancing when I was younger, I have a great love for this holiday. We will learn about the history of the holiday and of Ireland, watch Riverdance, learn some Irish step dancing, and have a "green" dinner. 


Weekend science experiment: 

For Christmas, Ashtyn got a science kit with lots of different science experiments in it. This weekend, I wanted to let her pick one out of that to do. 

Monday, March 21

Today National Poetry Day! I thought we could read some poems and then help the girls each write their own poem. We can share them together at dinner and talk about memorizing poems as a family (something Ben and I have been wanting to do). 

Wednesday, March 23 

Today I wanted to do another drawing day! 


Thursday, March 24 

Each month, I'm trying to learn about a new country and their culture with the girls. Last month, we did China. This month, I want to do Brazil. We can learn about the country by watching YouTube videos and reading library books. We'll learn some capoeira with Ben and make these books. For dinner, we'll make some Brazilian meat, beans and rice, and canjica (one of Ben's favorite desserts). 

Weekend science experiment: 

We have a book that outlines different science activities that kids can do. The kids are always looking through it, but I'm not the best at actually doing the activities with them. One of the activities is make a flip book, which we have the right materials for. I also thought this would be a good one to do with Ben, since he's an artist and has a lot of experience with animation. 

Monday, March 28 

Because Create your own holiday day is on the 26th, I thought I could help the girls each create their own holiday. We could spend a little time celebrating each of theirs or choose a day to celebrate each one. 

Tuesday, March 29

Today we're going to play with Playdoh some more. 


 

Wednesday, March 30 

Today is Take a Walk in the Park Day. As long as it is warm enough outside, I want to go to the park with the girls. They will be so excited, they've been asking (even with snow on the ground), when we can go.  


Thursday, March 31

Today is National Crayon Day, so I thought we would do some drawing prompts I found on Pinterest. I think all three girls will have fun with them. 


Weekend science experiment: 

For our science experiment this weekend, I want to make glow in the dark slime with the girls. You use the inside of sharpies to make it glow in black lights. 


So that's our plan! We'll see how it goes. Even if we don't end up doing it all I know we'll have a great month together!


No comments:

Post a Comment