Saturday, May 21, 2022

20 Small Habits that have a BIG Impact

I recently saw a post with this title. I clicked on it but was disappointed with the content. The "small habits" described were things like, drink water every day or count your blessings. While those things are great things to do, I wouldn't necessarily describe them as small habits. I also think I was looking for something a little more specific. 

So, I thought I'd make my own list. Here are some small habits that I think make a profound difference on your life. Some of these I've done and love the way they improve my life, others I am working on implementing in my life. 

  1. Read before bed (even just for five minutes) 
  2. Keep a water bottle with you 
  3. Pray morning and night (even just for a minute or two) 
  4. Plug in your phone during family dinner (so it's not at the table)
  5. Do 10 minutes of yoga a day 
  6. Read on your phone instead of getting on Facebook (I don't even have Facebook on my phone right now to avoid the temptation)
  7. Kiss your spouse daily 
  8.  Get a load of laundry through the washer/dryer each day 
  9. Wake up early at the same time each day (even if you don't do a lot of "productive" activities first thing)
  10. Make your bed when you wake up 
  11. Go outside daily (even if it's just to sit on your porch for a few minutes) 
  12. Eat a protein and a vegetable with each meal 
  13. Clear out the dishwasher in the morning 
  14. Use grocery pickup so you don't spontaneous buy things off your list 
  15. Be in the middle of an audiobook 
  16. Don't buy stuff except on certain days (we have one day a month to buy stuff besides groceries)
  17. Exercise everyday (even if it's only ten pushups or twenty squats) 
  18. Find something each week to do for someone else 
  19. Do a five-minute family pick up before bed 
  20. Talk with your spouse each night to connect 

What are some small habits or systems that have improved your life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment