Thursday, January 5, 2023

Christmas 2023

 We had such a wonderful Christmas in 2022. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful family, friends, and neighbors. We especially loved spending so much time with people we loved and with each other. 


One of my favorite things this year was waking up in the morning before anyone else and turning on the Christmas lights while I read in the Book of Mormon. I have felt such love for my Savior and all He has done for me through this Christmas season. 

We didn't put presents under the tree until Oliver's nap on Christmas Eve, but when I finally put them under the tree, I had to take a picture!

Driving to Lana's for Christmas Eve 💗
Isn't he just the cutest little boy??









We did dinner and then acted out the nativity. It's one of my favorite Christmas traditions. 
This year there was a little bit of a drama as Ashtyn wanted to be Mary and Parker was disappointed (she had been Mary the last two years). Then Parker decided she wanted to be the angel, but when she saw the costume, she decided it looked weird and she didn't want to be the angel anymore. She finally decided to be a sheep and all was well. 

On the way home, we took the detour to see the lights (we pass them on the way home from Lindi's). Ashtyn would say, "ooh!" to the lights and then Oliver would copy her. 

When we got home, Oliver kept trying to sneak a present early and then he would grin at me all mischievous. It was adorable. 

We had Dalin, Caleb, Jon, and Monson come over for Christmas Eve. It was really fun! They were able to take our picture for us, and then once the kids were in bed, we watched a Doctor Who Christmas special. 

Ashtyn's stocking

Parker's stocking

Rylee's stocking

Oliver's stocking 

From left to right, Jon's then mine then Ben's

On Christmas morning, the girls stay upstairs while we bring up something for breakfast (this way, they eat something before stockings and then I don't worry about them eating all their candy at once if they want). 

Checking to see if Santa came! My favorite part of this video is Oliver going straight for his ball 💗

Santa also brought Oliver his own "big boy" water bottle! 

Oliver opening his first present 💗 he saw a car before he finished and pulled it out to play with 😂

I loved watching Oliver open presents!

Parker got her makeup kit! 



Rylee got a pretty dress and pretty shoes from us. I was worried that she would be upset she didn't get toys, but as you can tell, she absolutely loved them. 

And in fact, Parker was actually jealous that she got Aladdin and Jasmine barbies instead of a pretty dress. 

Ready for church in her new clothes!



Despite being jealous of Rylee's gift, Parker loved her Barbies!



And Ashtyn got her Mama Guinea Pig toy!

The kids' combined gift was magnet blocks, which they all love and play with a ton.

Uncle Jon brought them little playdoh toys they could make!


Oliver was in heaven with his ball and all the candy! He also loved the dog that Santa brought him, he snuggles with it every time he goes to bed. 




My bookish gifts!

The kids always make a present for me and for Ben. I love seeing their generous spirits.

After church, we hung out at home with Jon while watching a Doctor Who movie that wasn't too scary for the kids. Parker especially loved it! Then we went over to Danny and Lindi's to hang out with everyone some more. 

Ashtyn got to learn how to do a few different things with her crochet stuff from Santa.


And Rylee got to watch Road Runner cartoons with Grandpa 💗

One of the highlights of Christmas for me was having Jon come out and stay with us! It was so fun to see him play with my kids, talk with him, watch shows with him, and have him here during Christmas. I sure love him. 

The day after Christmas, we woke up and drove to Grandma Dee's for Christmas 2.0!











Opening presents with cousins 💗

They sure love to play in Grandma's basement! 


Rylee loves the dress ups!

It didn't take long for Oliver to warm up to Grandma Dee again 💗
He also learned to do stairs while we were there and felt so big going up and down them whenever he wanted!




We love spending time at Grandma Dee's house!

One of our Christmas presents to my parents and Ben's parents was a 12 Days of Christmas. I ask the kids a question for each day and then at the end, I edit them all together. I think they turn out so cute!



I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season! Thank you for being a part of our lives!













No comments:

Post a Comment