Sunday, August 20, 2023

Our Fourth of July Trip

 At the beginning of July, we drove out to West Jordan for my family's 4th of July party. It's a big water party, BBQ, and fireworks at my grandma's house each year and we never miss it! It's super fun and super exhausting!



One of the best parts of these parties for me is seeing my cousins' relationship with my girls. I had a sweet relationship with them when we were younger and it is so fun to see that generational pattern continuing. 



We drove out the morning of the 4th and stopped by my mom's house to get settled. Then we headed over to my grandparents' house. We decided to let Oliver skip his nap for the day. Oliver had a blast at the water party! He thought he was just in heaven with all the fun things to do and all the treats.







Parker loves to blow raspberries on all the baby's tummies and it's cute!






The kids all waited until the water turned off (so it wouldn't spray in their face) but then they all went down the giant slide!



After the water party, we had hamburgers, fruit, and potato salad for dinner and it was super yummy! Then it was time for fireworks!



The kids absolutely loved the fireworks! Ashtyn and Rylee have been looking forward to them all year. During the long winter, they kept praising all the snow, saying, "It's okay! We are going to be able to do BIG fireworks for the 4th!" It was fun to sit and watch them with my family (Ben took Oliver back to my mom's and put him to bed, because he was tucked).



Staying at my mom's house was fun too. The girls played with these blocks a lot and spent a lot of time in her backyard. 






While we were out there, I signed the girls and I up to go see the Saratoga Springs Temple Open House (Ben stayed with Oliver so he could take a nap). It was beautiful and the girls loved it! When we got to the end, Rylee said, "Can we go through again?" It was really sweet. 


After the temple, Oliver was awake, so we picked him up before going for ice cream. 

That night, we went and visited their cousins (Luke's daughter and her family). Each child has a cousin about the same age and it's always fun to hang out with them. 

The trip was a fun one! We always love seeing family and catching up with everyone. Our kids had a blast with everything we did too. 















No comments:

Post a Comment