Monday, November 6, 2023

Ashtyn's 9th Birthday!

Ashtyn turned 9 in October and we had such a fun time celebrating with her! We started with her birthday day traditions of making donuts, measuring her on the wall, and doing a birthday date. She also had her piano lessons and her theater class (which she was so excited to go to on her birthday).  



I make fry donuts in our air fryer and the kids love them. I'm thinking of buying donuts instead of making them, but Ashtyn really wanted me to make them for her this year and since I did for the other kids', I decided to make them for her. They turned out yummy!

We did Ashtyn's birthday date after her theater class, while her siblings were at Grandma Lindi's house. She wanted to do a date where she picked out treats beforehand. Then she would play video games to earn pennies, and use those pennies to "buy" the treats.


Ashtyn ended up wanting to play The Untitled Goose Game the entire time. It now has a two-player mode, which we tried, and she had a lot of fun. 

We decided to do her family party on the weekend, so that cousins (unbeknownst to Ashtyn) could come to it, and also because her birthday was already so busy. She wanted an undersea theme, and she wanted it to be as "realistic" as possible. 

We went a little overboard with decorations. The kids and I spent literally all day decorating and I loved how it turned out.

We made these fish balloons in the morning and hid them in my room so Oliver wouldn't break them before the party.

I thought this seaweed was so cute!

Ashtyn made this sign and it was her favorite part, combined with the ceiling.



This took way longer than I thought it would. If I went back, I would probably do the rest of the decorations still, but I don't think I would do this part. But we committed to it and it turned out way cute.

This was my favorite part (and Ashtyn's!) and it was so easy. Ashtyn cut out the shark sillhouettes and then we tacked a couple plastic tablecloths on the ceiling and through the paper shark silhouettes onto it. It was so cool, we left it up for awhile after the party and I actually saved it all for when we do an undersea unit study. 


The best part of the evening was when cousins were able to come for her birthday. She so badly wanted them to come (they were here for Rylee's birthday two years in a row) but originally there was just no way they could come earlier enough. Then things changed and we planned the surprise. It was so fun!



The other fun surprise was Ashtyn's present from us. For their birthdays, we always give our kids a date with Mom and Dad and a book. This year, instead of a book, I got Ashtyn a Kindle. She's wanted one for a long time and was so excited! I was also super excited, I may have been more excited than her.


Happy birthday to Ashtyn!

For her cake, she wanted an ice cream cake. We've done ColdStone cakes in the past, but they've gotten so expensive that I wanted to try something else. For Ashtyn's party, I bought ice cream sandwiches and used whipped cream to stack them together, then coated them whipped cream. It was super yummy, a lot less expensive, really easy, and we were able to customize it to her theme. I thought they turned out really cute!

Ashtyn hugging her Kindle 💗

Makenzie didn't want to bring the tiny twins around so many people quite yet, so we went and picked up Rhen and Navy for the party 😊

The kids loved being together 💗

Cousins being there was the greatest part of the day for Ashtyn!

When I stopped to pick up some last-minute things for the party, Parker was with me and somehow ended up talking me into getting a pinata. Looking back, I wished I hadn't. We didn't have time at the party to do it, so we ended up doing it a couple days later. The kids had fun with it, at least.





Ashtyn's birthday was a big success! She had a lot of fun and loved all her presents and seeing/talking with so many family members. We loved celebrating Ashtyn, we're so glad she's part of our family!











 

No comments:

Post a Comment