Thursday, June 2, 2016

A Sunday Blessing

I've been meaning to share this post for a few days, but we've been pretty busy preparing for and having our new little baby!


On Sunday, I had a moment of gratitude that I wanted to write about. 

Ashtyn and I were sitting in sacrament. Ben is a young men's leader and, because we only have probably six young men total in our ward, he helps with the sacrament pretty much every week. This last week, he was up blessing the bread and water. 

As we sang the sacrament hymn, the Spirit filled me so suddenly and powerfully. I couldn't help but look around as we sang the words "the blessings of this day will linger in our thankful hearts and silently we pray for courage to accept thy will, to listen and obey," and thank my Heavenly Father for everything I had. 

I looked next to me at my sweet baby girl, sitting with her little hymn book in her lap, being so cute and well behaved for so young and thought, "What did I do that I get to have this sweet spirit here with me for a time?" Then I looked up at my wonderful husband, so serious as he broke the bread apart, and tears came as I thanked my Heavenly Father for the faith and diligence of the worthy priesthood holder I was married to. 

I truly feel blessed to have the family I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment