Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Little Excitements with a Big Move

Small things can make a big difference. I've learned that as I've gone through life. You can be happy anywhere, since happiness is a choice, but comfort is greatly determined by the small things. Right now, we're in our own apartment and we like it. We could stay longer than we are going to and be happy (and fit, as a family), but we are very excited to move up to a house. Here are some of the small things that we're looking forward to, for when we can finally move into our house.

Having our room on the main floor. It will be so much easier to do things like get dressed and do my hair in the morning after I get the girls in the morning. It will also be nice to have our clothes on the same floor as the washing machine.

Parking our car in the garage. For weather and keeping our car cleaner and weather, it'll be so nice.

Having a yard that isn't close to a busy road. Being close to a busy road is stressful with kids and annoying because of the loud trucks and motorcycles. It'll be nice to be in a quiet little neighborhood.

Living down the street from the park. It'll be nice to be able to walk down the street with the girls anytime and go to the park.

A coat closet. I am so excited for this, because we don't currently have one in our apartment and it drives me absolutely crazy (though I will say it's worse when it's actually cold).

My giant pantry. Because what woman wouldn't be excited about that?

Our shower not sharing a wall with one of the girls' rooms. I will say, I don't think the shower usually wakes them up, but it stresses me. I want to shower while they're asleep (because it's basically the only time I can) but then I worry that showering will wake them up. It's not good.

A new stove and oven. My goodness, I hate the range in our apartment. It's been my least favorite thing about living here and since I do use it literally several times a day and cook/bake a lot, it is kind of a big deal. I'm really excited for our convect gas range in our new house!

Having blinds on all the windows and blinds that actually fit in the windows. The blinds in our apartment are not fitted to the windows, so you can actually see through the edges and we have to be careful where we stand when getting dressed. Also, our kitchen window doesn't have anything covering it, which is super annoying. The sun comes in during the day (sometimes hitting at the most inconvenient places) and we can be seen by all the cars driving by at night.

There are so many little things that will be nice. Plus, just the fact that it will be ours. Our own home. That will make a big difference too. We can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment