Sunday, August 2, 2020

My Mom's Final Visit Before Summer Ends - 2020

This last weekend, my mom came for a final visit before summer ends for her and she has to go back to work. We always love when she comes to visit and miss her already! 

I didn't really get any pictures, but I'll just go through some of the fun things we did while she was here. 

She got here on a Thursday afternoon and Ashtyn and Parker were so excited to see her (Rylee was down for her nap). My mom got settled and then read to the girls. She has a bag of books that she brings when she comes and Parker especially loves those books. 

When Rylee woke up, I brought her down. She had a stuffy nose, so waking up was a little harder. When she saw my mom, she had me put her down so she could go see Grandma, and said, "Grandma Dee, I'm having a hard time." 

Then my mom got us dinner from a local restaurant, Don Pedros. It was really yummy, and a nice break from cooking. We all relaxed together that evening before bed. My mom stayed with us this time, in Ben's office. 

My mom brought a lot of stuff to do with the girls while she was here. They made rolls with sprinkles, cupcakes, and pudding popsicles. They got yogurt cups and breakfast bars and chocolate milk for breakfast. 

They had some craft stuff to do with her as well. Ashtyn has a paint-by-sticker book, which she absolutely loved (she's finished it now, and taped all the pictures together up on the wall in Parker's room). Parker and Rylee also had some stickers, which they love. 

Another thing she brought were magic water books. She had some books that you color with a marker that only works on the coloring book it came with, and then some books that came with water paint brushes. You filled them up with water, and as you paint the water over the picture, the colors appear. I think this was Parker's favorite, though Rylee was excited to be able to do it as well. 

And of course, my mom spent a lot of time reading with them and taking them outside. It was too hot for the park this time, but they had a lot of fun with her in our front yard this visit, and going on little walks close to our house. 

It was really nice having her here to help with the kids, since the beginning of her trip I had a head cold. I felt pretty miserable some of the time (that yucky feeling, like you took cold medicine when you really didn't, plus a sinus infection). And then when I was over that, I was able to catch up on some stuff, while my mom played with the kids outside. It was so nice to have that help. 

For dinners, like I said, on Thursday we had Don Pedros. On Friday, we did Papa Murphy's pizza for movie night. On Saturday, we made hamburgers and my mom brought really yummy patties that she got from Schawn's. Sunday, my mom made a yummy garlic white sauce with noodles and we did lemon chicken and broccoli to go with it. And Monday, we did leftover pasta. 

One other thing that was really nice was on Sunday. Since sacrament meeting has started up during Covid, Ben and I have started taking turns going while the other one stays home with the kids. My mom watched the kids with us last week, so we were both able to go to church together, without worrying about kids. Then we went over to Caleb's setting apart (he left for his mission again on Monday) together, again without worrying about kids. I love my kids, but it was really nice to be able to do that together and I came home feeling very spiritually uplifted. It was a wonderful service my mom did for us. 

On Tuesday morning, my mom read to the girls some, took them outside for a last walk, and then headed home. As soon as she was gone, my girls were telling me how much they missed her and how they wished they could be with her still. We love her visits and can't wait until we see her again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment