Sunday, October 11, 2020

Our HALLOWEEN Homeschool Activities!

 Now that it's October, we get to do Halloween themed activities and that's really fun! We've started a little already this past week. Ashtyn has started drawing "Halloween" type things for her drawing lessons and we've been reading Halloween books for homeschool. We've also made Halloween decorations out of paper for our activity one day. 

Today, I just wanted to outline my calendar of activities between now and Halloween, and plan out what I want to do with the kids. We clean on Fridays, so I'll be planning the next three weeks, Monday through Friday, as well as Halloween. 

Monday, October 12 

Make Halloween Sugar Cookies


I bought everything to do this last week, but didn't have the cookie cutters. Now that I have some, I've promised the girls we can do it tomorrow. 

Tuesday, October 13 

Halloween Dot Painting Pages 


We have dot paint markers and I've found some free Halloween printables for them. The girls love when we get them out, since I usually keep them put away except on special occasions. 

Wednesday, October 14

Mixing Monster Cups 


I will draw monster faces on clear plastic cups (or have the girls draw the faces on) and then put vinegar and food coloring in the cups. Then you add baking soda and watch it fizz up. The girls love this activity and I think it will be fun for them to have it be monster faces. 

Thursday October 15

Carve Pumpkins 


We need to find a time as a family to go pick out pumpkins, but once we do, the girls are really excited to carve pumpkins. Ashtyn always picks what face her pumpkin is going to have really early (she already has hers picked out this year). 

Monday, October 19

Pumpkin Collage 


I will print off a pumpkin shape on a white piece of paper. Then the girls can cut up orange paper into little pieces and glue them onto the pumpkin. I might do other Halloween shapes too, I'm not sure yet. 

Tuesday, October 20 

Dissolving Candy Corn Science Experiment


You put candy corn into different liquids (like rubbing alcohol, vinegar, and water) and see which one dissolves it the quickest and the slowest. The girls have really wanted to try candy corn, so I can buy enough that we can do the experiment and they can eat some. 

Wednesday, October 21

Paint Mini Pumpkins 

I'm gong to get mini pumpkins for the girls to paint, since we're carving the bigger pumpkins. They love painting and it'll be fun for them. 

Thursday October 22

Make Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats 


We'll make rice krispie treats, colored orange, and then use a pumpkin cookie cutter on them. They'll be easy and cute. I might do a "You've been Boo'ed" sign with them and give away a lot of them with the girls. 

Monday, October 26

Paper Spiderwebs 


This is similar to paper snowflakes, but it ends up looking like a spiderweb. I think that Ashtyn will really like this, because she loves making paper snowflakes. We can also make little spiders to put on the webs. 

Tuesday, October 27

Dancing Ghost Science Experiment 


You cut a ghost shape out of tissue paper, blow up a balloon and rub it on the carpet, then use the static electricity from the balloon to make your ghost dance. 

Wednesday, October 28

Masking Tape Mummies 


You cut out a person shape from dark paper, then the girls get to add masking tape over it to make mummies out of them. 

Thursday October 29

Make Caramel Apples 


The girls really want to do this and I thought it would be fun and yummy. I don't know if I'll do caramel apples or caramel apple nachos (where you cut up the apples and drizzle the toppings over them). 

Saturday, October 31

On Halloween, I want to watch some Halloween movies in the morning. Right now I'm thinking we can watch Room on the Broom, The Adventures of Ichabod, some Halloween Disney shorts, and It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. In the morning, I'll make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. And we can listen to Halloween music.

After naps, we'll get ready for trick or treating. We'll go to the rec center, where they do The Mayor's Walk. A lot of companies in Vernal come together and line up to give out candy. We love going to it every year. Then we'll head home for dinner. 



For dinner, we'll have a pumpkin shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's and carrots cut like pumpkins. 

After dinner, we'll go to Ben's grandma's house and Ben's parent's house for a few minutes. Then we will head home again. 

While Ben puts Rylee down, I'll take Parker and Ashtyn to trick or treat for a few minutes. Ashtyn really wants to do "real" trick or treating this year. 



Then Ben and I will eat some of our kids' candy while we watch the new episode of The Mandalorian. 


No comments:

Post a Comment