Saturday, October 23, 2021

Ashtyn's Seventh Birthday!

 Ashtyn had a lot of fun for her birthday this year! 

We have a tradition to make donuts in the morning on each of the kids' birthdays. Her birthday fell on a Sunday this year, and between 9:00 church and a newborn, I knew it would be a struggle to wake up and make them in time, so we decided to buy them from Get Glazed, a local donut shop. Ashtyn wanted chocolate cake donuts with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. 

We always decorate with balloons and streamers while they're sleeping too, and Ashtyn was so excited to go to bed so she could wake up and see the decorations. 

It turned out to be an extra good decision to buy the donuts, because Oliver ended up with a cold and didn't sleep well at all. Rylee had a stuffy nose, Parker had a sore throat, and I had a cold, so I stayed home with them while Ben took Ashtyn to church. Ashtyn was really excited to be with her primary class for her birthday. 

After church, my mom (who came out of town with my brother) watched the other kids while Ben and and I did our birthday date with Ashtyn. She wanted to play video games and buy treats. 


I took Ashtyn the day before to pick up the donuts, her ice cream cake, and some snacks. Then we put prices on the snacks and she earned "money" to buy the treats by winning as she played the video games. 





After her date, she wanted homemade pizza for dinner, so I made that and then we got ready for her party. We had family come over and sing happy birthday to her and eat ice cream cake with us. Ashtyn wanted to do a "bug" theme because she loves bugs so much right now. 



Ashtyn got a lot of cute presents. This was from her Great Grandma Leah. The last time we were at her house, Ashtyn played with the car set up Leah has the whole time, so that's what Leah brought her. Ashtyn was so excited about it, she forgot to eat her cake!





This was from her Aunt Melissa, a little quiet book art kit. Ashtyn loves it and is very careful to keep it away from her sisters. 

She also got an Origami flower bouquet and how-to-draw book (I don't know how I didn't get a picture! It was adorable!) from Ben's cousin and his wife, who Ashtyn just adores. 

We always give a book for birthdays, since our "big present" to them is their birthday date. This year, we got Ashtyn Madeline and she was so excited. She's had my mom read it to her (since my mom owns it) and has always loved it. 


We also got her an origami book, since she's been really into origami lately. She usually has to have me help her find things to make on my computer and she was so excited to be able to do it by herself, without my help. She has already used the book a lot!

She also got cards with money from her different grandparents, and she was really happy because "she was getting low on money". 


Ashtyn had such a wonderful day, feeling loved by those around her! 







No comments:

Post a Comment