Friday, October 29, 2021

Our NOVEMBER HOMESCHOOL Plans - Thanksgiving and Holidays!

 The holidays are upon us! I love this time of year and all the fun things I get to do with the kids! For the most part, we will still be doing our normal homeschool stuff until December, and then we'll take a break and focus on Christmas activities. 

Monday, November 1 

Today, we're going to set up our gratitude tree. This is a tradition we do every November. We put a tree on the wall. Each day, every family member writes down something they are grateful for on a leaf and we put it on the tree. By the end of the month, our tree is full of leaves and our hearts are full of gratitude. 


Tuesday, November 2 

Another gratitude activity we loved doing last year was a gratitude turkey. I used a turkey body template and cut out feathers for each girl. Then they drew pictures of what they were grateful for on the feathers and stuck them onto the turkey. Then we hung them on the wall so we could see what they were grateful for all month long. 


Wednesday, November 3 

The popcorn and salt science experiment is a really simple one that the girls love and can do over and over again. 


Thursday, November 4 

A fun Thanksgiving printable I found was this I Spy page. I think Ashtyn and Parker will really like it, and if Parker and Rylee can't do the I Spy part, they can simply color the page. 


Monday, November 8

Today we're going to do a painting activity and make an Indian corn craft. I thought it would be a good day to tie in learning more about the Native Americans. 


Tuesday, November 9 

For today, I found a printable where you can draw the pilgrim's faces and then color the page. I thought it would be a fun activity to tie in with learning about the pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving. 


Wednesday, November 10 

Another fun science experiment that we did last year that I want to do again this year is make butter. It takes a long time of shaking, but the butter actually ended up tasting pretty good and the kids loved it, plus it opened up a good conversation about things like chemical reactions. 


Thursday, November 11

Making a handprint turkey is something the girls always love to do and it's such a simple, fun one for me. 


Monday, November 15

Today we're going to keep it simple and do a Thanksgiving activity page. This is a good one because Rylee can simply draw and then Parker and Ashtyn can do more as their skills allow. 


Tuesday, November 16

A fun science activity that the girls love is dancing popcorn. You use vinegar and baking soda to cause the popcorn to move up and down in the jar. The girls thought it was the funniest thing the last time we did it and they get to learn about density. 


Wednesday, November 17 

I am trying to play games with the girls more and I found a fun gratitude game that also involves M&M's, so I think the kids will love it. 

Thursday, November 18

Last year, we made toilet paper roll turkeys and the girls loved it enough (and they turned out really cute) that I want to do it with them again. 


Monday, November 22

I love these Thanksgiving hats that the kids can make. I thought we could do them in preparation for Thanksgiving. I'll let them wear them the day we make them, but then I'll save them for Thanksgiving dinner, so the kids can wear them then if they want to. 


Tuesday, November 23 

This is our pie crust day. I like to get the pie crusts ready on a separate day so that it's not quite so exhausting and overwhelming to make pies. 


Wednesday, November 24 

This will be our big pie day in preparation for Thanksgiving. I'm planning on making a pumpkin pie, a chocolate cream pie, an apple pie, and some pies to give away. I will let the girls help me finish making and putting together all the pies. 


Thursday, November 25

Thanksgiving! We obviously won't be doing school on this day. We usually spend the morning watching the parade and Thanksgiving movies (like A Charlie Brown Christmas) and then eat a Thanksgiving dinner with family. 


Monday, November 29 

Now that Thanksgiving is over, we can start our Christmas stuff! I love Thanksgiving, but Christmas is my true love. To start off the season, I will probably be busy pulling out Christmas stuff, but I have some winter and Christmas coloring pages for the girls to color when they aren't "helping" me. I also have some fun snowman stuff they can do, whether we have real snow yet or not. 


Tuesday, November 30 

Seeing as this is the last day of November, we are going to make our Christmas countdown chains. We do this every year and the girls have a lot of fun making them. They are also a great physical representation of how close Christmas is! 





No comments:

Post a Comment