Saturday, March 26, 2022

Our Overnight Trip to Eagle Mountain

 Recently, a couple of our friends bought houses in Eagle Mountain. We were really excited for them and were excited to see their new houses. We decided to do a quick trip up there to visit them. We drove the girls to my mom's house in West Jordan for the night and (of course) brought Oliver with us. 

The drive out to West Jordan was uneventful. We had some snacks and movies for the girls and they were very low maintenance the whole time. Oliver slept for some of the trip and didn't cry for most of it. We stopped at Panda Express for a late lunch (we love stopping there in Heber since Vernal doesn't have a Panda). We got to my mom's around 4:00 pm. 

Oliver had fallen asleep, so we unloaded the girls and were just going to head to Jeremy and Katie's house while he was asleep, but when we got back in the car, that woke him up. So I decided to just feed him then. We talked with my parents while I fed him and then drove to Eagle Mountain. Oliver was so mad to be back in the car and cried almost the entire 40 minute drive up, falling asleep about five minutes before we got there. 

We let him sleep (for about 30 minutes) while we brought in our stuff and talked with Jeremy and Katie. We also hung out with Daniel (their 3 year old) who is adorable. We had fun talking and they had made us a delicious dinner of lasagna and asparagus. After dinner, we set up an air mattress for us and put Oliver down while they put their boys to bed. We put Oliver in the bathroom next to the office (where we were sleeping) and it worked really well. I was glad, because he doesn't sleep well anywhere but his own bed (the first of our kids to struggle with it so much) and I had been nervous. 



After we put the kids down, we played a really fun block game called Azul. We all had a ton of fun with it. It was probably both Ben and my favorite game we've ever played with Jeremy and Katie. 

After we played, it was about 11:00, so we got ready for bed. We got talking, though, and ended up staying up until 1:30 in the morning. It was really fun to talk, but we were regretting it the next morning when Oliver woke up at 6:30. 

In the morning, we hung out and talked some. Jeremy made us eggs and pancakes for breakfast. I put Oliver down for a nap and we were able to make the room really dark. He actually slept, which surprised me (it's the first time he's napped in a pack and play) and made me really happy. I think making it dark really helped. While he was sleeping, I got ready for the day while Ben and Jeremy played some video games. Then I fed Oliver while Ben showered and got ready. 

After we loaded up, we stopped at Six Sisters' to pick up lunch and took it to Quinn and Jo's new house. We ate and talked with them and got a tour of their house. It's always super fun to hang out with them. Both their house and Jeremy and Katie's house are really nice. We're really happy for them. 

After feeding Oliver again, we went back to my mom's house. Ben was pretty tired and we were worried about the car ride back, so he took a nap upstairs while I loaded up the car. It gave my mom a chance to hold Oliver too. 

The girls had a blast at my mom's. They kept talking about the pancakes and grilled cheese sandwiches she'd made them, and the movies they watched and playing outside in her backyard. They were sad when it was time for us to leave. 

I fed Oliver one more time before going. We ended up leaving a little later than I wanted, but not too much later. We stopped in Heber for dinner (we got Panda Express again and got the girls some chicken nuggets from McDonald's). Then we stopped at a rest stop about halfway to use the bathroom. Oliver was struggling, so I decided to feed him again while we were stopped. He fell asleep pretty fast after that for the rest of the trip. The girls watched movies until about 8, and then I turned it off so they would all fall asleep. 

We didn't end up getting home until almost 10. We quickly unloaded the girls' sleep stuff and got them settled in bed and then I fed Oliver for bed while Ben unloaded the car. We were late getting to sleep, especially with the time change the next morning, but it was a fun trip. We were really glad we were able to go out!

No comments:

Post a Comment