Saturday, October 28, 2023

A Weekend in West Jordan!

Near the end August, the kids and I did a trip out to West Jordan while Ben stayed home to work. It was the first trip I've taken with the kids without Ben since Ashtyn was about 7 months old and it went really well! We had a lot of fun and the kids did really well both on the car rides and while we were staying at my mom's. 








I drove out on Friday morning and got to my mom's house in time for Oliver's nap. Oliver can struggle with naps when we're not at home, so I was worried, but he went right down and slept great. When he woke up, we went over to the splash park by my mom's house. I really love that one, it has a lazy river and the kids always have a lot of fun there. 


The next morning, we drove over to Wheeler's Farm, which the kids loved it. 













Oliver's favorite part was the tractor. Of course 😂



We love making memories with Grandma Dee 💗
After the farm, my mom took us to lunch at Chic Fil A, and it had a play place. Then we got the kids each an ice cream cone and they thought it was the greatest day ever. 

That evening, we went to the wedding reception for a girl I used to babysit growing up. I love her and her family and so glad to be able to go celebrate with them! 

Oliver loved celebrating too, especially the cupcakes 😂

The next morning, Oliver had a stuffy nose, so I stayed home with him and cleaned up/packed up while my mom took the girls to church. Then we had lunch and hung out with Jon during Oliver's nap before heading home. The first half of the trip home, we listened to our audiobook and then my phone died. Then the girls spent the next hour making Oliver laugh, which was so cute and fun. 

It was so nice to be home and with Ben again! Oliver was especially happy to be home and we really wore him out. It was a fun trip!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment