Friday, February 12, 2016

My Exercise Schedule

I use the 21 Day Fix Extreme workouts and I really like them. They're only a half hour, they have a schedule (that I've altered), and I'm able to do them while pregnant (they're also really easy to modify to make safe/doable as I get further along in my pregnancy). 

Monday: Plyo Day. This is jumping day. It's a lot of different kinds of squats and lunges, jumping. Right now, I feel fine jumping, but I'm not very big yet. As I get bigger, I might get an exercise band for my stomach or modify it so I'm doing just the squats and lunges without the jumping. 

Tuesday: Upper Fix Day. This is mostly arms, with some ab and back workouts. The hardest part is the push ups. I do the back exercises, but I've already stopped doing ab ones. I've read that it's not actually good (or effective) when you're pregnant. 

Wednesday: Yoga Day. Ben does this one with me. We love yoga day. It's only half an hour, so it's not very hard, but it does push me in some parts and I love the stretching. 

Thursday: Leg Day. I think this is the hardest day. It's a lot of squats and lunges and jumping squats and lunges. It has four rounds and the third round is so hard for me, after doing the other two. If I can make it to round four, though, I'm good to go. 

Friday: Dirty Thirty. That's what it's called on the DVD. It's thirty minutes of exercises combining both upper and lower body, with ten second breaks. It focuses mostly on shoulders and a little on arms, while you do a variety of squats and lunges at the same time. It's hard, but I don't think it's the hardest day. Plus, when I finish, I know I get a break for the weekend! 

Saturday and Sunday: Rest. I love only exercising during the week, and taking a break on the weekends. That means I can snuggle in bed with Ben in the morning and give my body a chance to recuperate. I think it's especially important right now while I'm pregnant, because (while I'm not pushing myself too hard, I'm careful), I really feel the workouts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment