Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Pancake Dilemma

**Update: I am switching from posting on my blog daily to posting weekly. I was feeling overloaded and burnt out from what I was trying to do before, so I've gone through my goals and changed what I want to get done everyday. I might post more often, if I feel like it, but I want to post on Wednesdays now**

Yesterday morning, I was making pancakes for Benjamin and Ashtyn, just for fun. I had a bigger pan and I'd put a normal-sized pancake on the pan for Ben and a smaller one for Ashtyn, cooking them at the same time.

I was trying to do a lot at once, because that's how breakfast is. In a hurry, I flipped Ashtyn's pancake, then went to flip Ben's. I flipped it onto Ashtyn's pancake. It was very annoying. I tried to fix it as best I could, but it was mostly just a mess of pancake batter.

I sat down to finish my eggs, telling Ben in a grumbling voice what I did. Ben started laughing, saying to Ashtyn, "My pancake ate your pancake."

His laugh, and joke, were contagious and I began laughing too, my frustrations melting quickly away.

The experience was a small one, but it reminded me of how grateful I am for Benjamin in my life. He complements me in ways that I really need sometimes. He can always get me to laugh when I need it and helps my uptight personality relax a little. And for that, I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment