Friday, February 5, 2016

Our New Apartment

Things we love about our new apartment: 

-The kitchen: it doesn't look super big, but it actually has quite a bit of cupboard space and having a pantry is amazing. It also is nice to be able to cook and do things in the kitchen while Ashtyn is awake without it being very much of a pain (of course, trying to accomplish anything is always easier when she's asleep, but she only sleeps so much). I love my kitchen.

-The half bathroom downstairs: I didn't think I would actually like having two bathrooms, but I love it. I love that I don't have to go all the way upstairs with Ashtyn every time I have to use the bathroom (which, with how much water I drink in addition to being pregnant, is a LOT). It's also so small that it's really easy to keep clean.

-The layout: I love that there's a downstairs, where I'm not as worried about noises waking Ashtyn up. I love that Ashtyn's room is away from the bathroom, so I can shower in the morning before she wakes up. I love this so much, especially since her room has been right next to the bathroom since she was born and the older she's gotten, the more sensitive she's seemed to it.

-The TV downstairs: When we were in Melissa's house, we had the two rooms--Ashtyn's and ours. We used ours as a bedroom, Ben's office, and our living room. That meant we had our TV in our room, in front of our bed. I actually didn't like this very much, but I love having it downstairs. One bonus is that after Ashtyn's nap, she can watch something on the TV while I cook dinner, which is really helpful.

-How nice it is: Our apartment is really nice. It's not as nice as Melissa's house was, because her house was brand new and honestly, really nice. But it's one of the nicest apartments I've seen and I really like it.

How close it is to town: Vernal basically has main street, where all the stores are. We're quite a bit closer to all of them than we were before, which is nice.

Things we don't love about our apartment: 

-The bathroom counter layout: there are two sinks in the bathroom and then the mirror is in the middle of them. Ben doesn't like this because when he shaves, the hairs get on the counter instead of going into the sink and he hates the clean up.

-Internet: we can't get internet hooked up in Ben's office. He plugs his computer directly into the modum instead of using Wifi, because it's so much faster that way. His computer doesn't currently even have a wifi card in it. We have looked into different options and it's basically going to be impossible to do it the way we want. Ben's ordered a wifi card and we're going to try that. If that doesn't work, we'll have to run a wire from our bedroom all the way to his office.

And that's about it. We really like our apartment. Anywhere you live, there are going to be little things that you don't love about it, but I really feel like we made a good choice in this apartment. It works really well for what we are trying to do right now. We feel very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment