Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Grace

Yesterday I was listening to the song Grace by Laura Story. A line in the song really hit home for me and how I've been feeling lately.

At times I may grow weak and feel a bit discouraged,
Knowing that someone, somewhere could do a better job.



I think no matter where you are in life or what you do, everyone feels this way sometimes. It's hard not to see our faults and magnify them, letting them overtake our strengths. As a mother, it's especially hard, at least for me.

I don't spend enough time playing with Ashtyn.

I get upset with Ben over things that I shouldn't.

I'm not patient enough. I'm not kind enough. I don't serve others enough.

The list could go on and on. And sometimes it truly feels as though it does. I understand that I am doing the best I can. I try to rely on the Lord, I set goals to be better each day, and I'm doing things the way I should.

I just need to remember, God doesn't count our mistakes or our faults. He shows them to us so that He can help us become stronger and better. He's there to help us, all we need to do is turn to him.

Yes, someone else could do what I do, and do it better. But with God's help, I can do it. With His help.

I just need to remember.
                   


No comments:

Post a Comment