Sunday, January 10, 2016

"Jesus, Jesus!"

As we're preparing to move, I've been making lists for what we're going to need. We've been sharing a lot of things with Melissa or just using hers (like hand soap in the bathroom or freezer bags), so when we get our own place, we're going to need to stock up on those things. 

One thing I really want to get (but that we don't need) is a picture of Christ for Ashtyn's room. Right now, in the room she's in, Melissa has one hanging up and Ashtyn loves it. Almost inevitably, as I pull her out of her crib and she snuggles on my shoulder for a minute, she'll see the picture and say, "Jesus!" 

I think it's so important for little kids to be surrounded by pictures and paintings of Christ and the temple. Growing up, my mom had many pictures of the gospel and the family around and I think it had a huge impact on the Spirit in our home. 

I want the same environment for Ashtyn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment