Thursday, January 14, 2016

"Smone, Smone" (or Smoothie, Smoothie)

Yesterday, I was beginning to plan my meal prep for after the baby gets here. I was reading through the breakfasts I had written out, talking to Ashtyn while I was doing it.

" ... A month of smoothies prepped, that should be enough, right?" I asked her. She quickly looked up at me, excited.

"Smonie, smonie!" She said (saying smoothie for the first time). She got up, walked over to the door and pointed out, saying again, "Smonie, smonie."

I sighed, laughing. "Okay, I guess we can make a smoothie." I got up and took her downstairs and we made a smoothie together.

It's fun to watch as Ashtyn is continually learning words. Everyday, she repeats more and more of what we say and she's getting better at making it actually sound like the right word. She is continually learning more signs as well.

It's so fun and I know as she gets older, it will happen even more. I feel so blessed to be here with her while she's learning so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment